Who knew that there was such a thing as etiquette for your handmade soap… but leave it to us to figure it out!
Soap etiquette is very simple & very important to the life of your bar. Just by taking a few simple steps will make the life of your soap much longer.
- Cut your handmade soap in half. It will make the total bar last longer.
- Store your other half in a place that it can breath.
- Don’t let your handmade soap sit in a puddle.
- Look for a soap dish with ridges and/or holes that allow water to run away from the bar.
- Don’t let your handmade soap have water constantly running over it (of course while you’re using it water is a-ok, just not when you’re not).
- Make sure your handmade soap can breathe when it is not in use.
- Don’t store your soap in plastic bags or containers.
All in all the rule of thumb is… the longer a handmade soap dries the longer it will last. If good soap etiquette is used, a handmade soap can easily outlast a commercial bar.